Former Prince Andrew Arrested in U.K. Misconduct Probe

Victor Sosu
Victor Sosu is a dedicated digital storyteller with a sharp eye for detail and a passion for bringing facts to life. He covers entertainment, lifestyle, sports,...
3 Min Read

British authorities have arrested Prince Andrew as part of an investigation into alleged misconduct in public office, marking a significant development in the long-running scrutiny surrounding the royal’s past associations.

Officers from Thames Valley Police confirmed that a man in his 60s was taken into custody on Thursday following what the force described as a “thorough assessment” of newly reviewed materials. While the agency did not formally identify the individual, officials acknowledged the arrest when asked directly about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, who is 66.

“Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office,’’ the statement said. “We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”

The inquiry centers on reports that Mountbatten-Windsor may have shared trade-related information with Jeffrey Epstein in 2010. The claims emerged after the release of extensive documents connected to a U.S. investigation into Epstein’s activities. The duke’s name appears multiple times within the records, intensifying renewed public attention.

Jeffrey Epstein and Prince Andrew pictured together
Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein

Mountbatten-Windsor has consistently rejected allegations of wrongdoing tied to his relationship with Epstein, maintaining his innocence as controversy over the matter has persisted for years.

The arrest represents another chapter in a saga that has weighed heavily on the British monarchy. Last year, King Charles III formally removed Andrew’s royal titles, including his use of the designation “prince,” a move widely viewed as an effort to shield the institution from reputational damage.

Public reaction to Thursday’s events quickly spilled onto social media, where images circulated appearing to show unmarked police vehicles outside Wood Farm, Andrew’s residence on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.

Photographs also showed plainclothes officers gathered near the property, fueling widespread speculation before authorities confirmed the detention.

The case continues to draw considerable public and media interest, reflecting the enduring sensitivity surrounding Epstein’s global network of connections and the implications for high-profile figures.

Read More: Billionaire Les Wexner Says He Was ‘Conned’ by Epstein in Lawmaker Testimony

Share This Article
Follow:
Victor Sosu is a dedicated digital storyteller with a sharp eye for detail and a passion for bringing facts to life. He covers entertainment, lifestyle, sports, and breaking news, bringing readers stories that are clear, timely, and grounded in real-world insight.