In this post, Townflex will be focusing more on telling who exactly Bella Ramsey is, her full biography, movies (films) she has acted in, part of her personal life, family awards and nominations, as well as her net worth. Just read below.
Who Is Bella Ramsey?
Isabella May Ramsey is a talented British actress who gained widespread recognition for her portrayal of the fierce Lyanna Mormont in the hit television series Game of Thrones. Born on September 30, 2003, in Nottinghamshire, England, Ramsey discovered her passion for acting at a young age.
Her breakthrough role came in 2016 when she played the lead character Mildred Hubble in the TV series The Worst Witch. Ramsey’s performance was highly praised, earning her a nomination for a Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Series – Leading Young Actress.
However, it was her role as Lady Lyanna Mormont that brought Ramsey international acclaim. Despite only appearing in a few episodes, her portrayal of the young Lady of Bear Island was widely applauded by both fans and critics alike. Her powerful speeches and confrontations with authority figures left a lasting impression on viewers.
Since Game of Thrones, Ramsey has continued to impress with her performances in other popular TV shows like His Dark Materials and The Last of Us. In addition to her acting career, she is an advocate for environmental causes and has worked with various organizations to combat climate change.
Ramsey’s talent and dedication have earned her numerous awards and nominations, including a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series. With her promising career and commitment to important causes, Bella Ramsey is definitely one to watch in the entertainment industry.
Bella Ramsey Parents
Bella Ramsey’s father is Alex Ramsey, a businessman, although her mother’s name is not currently known. As of the time of writing, there is no available information on whether she has any siblings.
Born in September 2003 in Nottingham, Isabella May Ramsey received her education through InterHigh School’s online program. At the young age of four, she began pursuing acting as a hobby, attending Stagecoach Theatre Arts in Loughborough for seven years. Ramsey eventually transitioned to auditioning for professional roles, attending the Television Workshop to refine her skills.
Bella’s Acting Career
Just as mentioned earlier above, Bella Ramsey’s breakout role came in 2016 when she portrayed Lyanna Mormont in the popular HBO fantasy drama series, Game of Thrones. She continued to play the character in the series’ seventh and eighth seasons. Ramsey’s portrayal of the no-nonsense leader earned critical acclaim and made her a standout actor on the show.
In 2017, Ramsey starred as the lead in the TV adaptation of The Worst Witch books, playing the role of Mildred Hubble. She won the Young Performer award at the 2019 British Academy Children’s Awards for her performance in the show. Ramsey left the series in 2020 due to mental health problems and her role was recast for the final season.
Since 2018, Ramsey has voiced the title character in the Netflix animated series Hilda, showcasing her singing talent with the release of her debut song, “The Life of Hilda” in 2020. She won the 2019 BAFTA award for “Children’s Animation” for her work on the show. Ramsey reprised her role as Hilda in the 2021 movie special, Hilda and the Mountain King.
Ramsey’s next major project is the lead role of Ellie in the HBO adaptation of the video game The Last of Us, which was announced in February 2021. She also appeared in the 2021 lesbian horror short film, Requiem.
Bella Ramsey movies
Bella Ramsey has appeared in several movies and TV shows. Here are some of her notable works:
- Elefthería (2017) as Ellie
- Two for Joy (2018) as Miranda
- Holmes & Watson (2018) as Flotsam
- Princess Emmy (2019) as Princess Gizana (Voice)
- Judy (2019) as Lorna Luft
- Nancy (2019) as Nancy
- Zero (2019) as Alice
- On The Beaches (2019) as Kitty
- Turtle Journey (2020) as Daughter Turtle (Voice)
- 3 Minutes of Silence (2020) as Jane
- Resistance (2020) as Elsbeth
- Requiem (2021) as Evelyn
- Villain (2021) as Georgia
- Hilda and the Mountain King (2021) as Hilda (Voice)
- Catherine Called Birdy (2022) as Birdy
- Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget (2023) as Molly (voice)
- Game of Thrones (2016–2019) as Lyanna Mormont
- Future-Worm! (2016-2017) as Additional voices
- The Worst Witch (2017-2020) as Mildred Hubble
- Requiem (2018) as Young Matilda
- Hilda (2018–present) as Hilda (voice)
- Shepherd’s Delight (2020) as Girl in Park
- His Dark Materials (2020) as Angelica
- Summer Camp Island (2020) as Ramona (age 15) (voice)
- Becoming Elizabeth (2022) as Jane Grey
- The Last of Us (2023–present) as Ellie
Bella Ramsey Awards and nominations
- 2018 RTS North West Awards – ‘Best Breakthrough Talent‘ for The Worst Witch
- 2019 BAFTA Best – ‘Young Performer‘ for The Worst Witch
- 2019 British Animation Awards – ‘Best Voice Performance‘ for Hilda
- 2020 CinEuphoria Awards Merit – ‘Honorary Award (shared with the cast)‘ for Game OF Thrones
- 2020 Screen Actors Guild Awards – ‘Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series (shared with the cast)‘ for Game Of Thrones
- 2022 British Animation Awards – ‘Best Voice Performance‘ for Hilda
- 2022 Critics’ Choice Awards – ‘Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Young Performer‘ for Catherine Called Birdy
Bella Ramsey Net Worth
Bella Ramsey’s precise net worth is not publicly disclosed, but it is estimated to fall between the range of $0.5 million to $5 million.