England and Italy battled against each other on Sunday night in the European Championship final.
Italy continued their 34-match unbeaten run as they beat England in the final of Uefa European Championship 2020 which went into a penalty shootout after a 1-1 scoreline at the Wembley Stadium in London.
England took the lead with Kieran Trippier’s cross to Luke Shaw who strikes past Donnarumma in the 2nd minute, the quickest ever goal in an Euro final.
Italy equalized through Leonardo Bonucci 67th minute. The Azzurri’s levelled from a messy corner that saw Bonucci scored after Verrati’s rebound.
The game headed to penalty shoot-out after 1-1 scoreline at the end of 90mins and Extra time.
Domenico Berardi – Scored
Andrea Bellotti – Missed
Leonardo Bonucci – Scored
Federico Bernardeschi – Scored
Jorginho – Missed
Harry Kane – Scored
Harry Maguire – Scored
Marcus Rashford – Missed
Jadon Sancho – Missed
Bukayo Saka – Missed
Italy Wins Euro 2020: England missed three of their penalty shootout as Italy wins England 3-2 in the Euro 2020 final. The search for England second major title after their 1966 World Cup still continues.
Euro 2020 Award Winners with Prize Money
- Winners Award: Italy – €10m
- Runner-up Award: England – €7m
- Semifinalists: €5m
- Quarter-finalists: €3.25m
- Round of 16 Teams: €2m
Euro 2020 Individual Awards
- Golden Boot Winner: Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) – 5 goals and 1 assist in 4 matches
- Silver Boot Winner: Patrik Schick (Czech Republic) – 5 goals in 5 matches
- Bronze Boot Winner: Karim Benzema (France) – 4 goals in 4 matches
- Golden Ball (Player of the Tournament): Gianluigi Donnarumma
- Young Player of the Tournament: Pedri (Spain)
I hope you had a nice time going through the above article, if you did then subscribe to Townflex.com by clicking on the bell icon displaying in the bottom corner to receive our daily post updates first, and also click to subscribe to our YouTube channel for more updates.