Snapchat is an American multimedia instant messaging app and service developed by Snap Inc., originally Snapchat Inc. One of the principal features of Snapchat is that pictures and messages are usually only available for a short time before they become inaccessible to their recipients.
“We contribute to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.” which is what the company claims it does.
Well, Snapchat isn’t all that bad, as it also help people reach more audience.
A lot of people have been trying their best on learning the best ways to use the mobile application (How To Use Snapchat) and just as said earlier, website owners and bloggers are not exempted to using the tools to maximize their reach.
Townflex in the article will be guiding especially bloggers and website owners who will love to generate some number of views off their snap stories by educating you guys on How to Add a Link on Snapchat to your Snap stories.
These links can be used to direct people to blogs, news articles, YouTube videos, fundraiser websites, sign-up forms, or anything else they want.
How to Add a Link to Snapchat Stories
Prepare a snap > tap link icon > in Type URL box, copy/paste or type URL > tap Attach to Snap > send.
This works well on both Android and IOS (iPhone) smatphones.
1. Open the Snapchat app and do whatever it takes to take a photo or record a video snap. You can do this by going to the main camera tab, replying to a friend in the conversations tab, or uploading a photo/video from your device.
2. You can use as many filters, stickers, emojis, text, or drawings as you like.
3. Tap the link icon in the vertical menu of icons that appears on the right side of the snap preview.
4. If you remember the link you want to add, type it into the top “Type a URL” field. If the URL you want to add is too long or difficult to remember, you can briefly exit Snapchat (without closing the app) and open your mobile web browser (or another app) to copy it.
5. When you return to Snapchat, a My Clipboard note will appear to indicate that you copied a link. Allow to see the copied link, then tap the listed link to add it to the “Type a URL” field.
6. Within Snapchat, the link will open in a browser window. Attach it to your snap by tapping Attach to Snap at the bottom.
7. The vertical menu’s link icon should be highlighted in white. Tap the blue arrow to send your snap to your friends. Tap the plus sign in the square to post it as a story.
8. When your friends view your story or receive your snap, they will see the link at the bottom of your snap. They can go to the website by swiping up on the link.
How To Add Links to Snapchat Chats (Snaps)
1. You can also add links to your Snapchat chats by typing them in directly or copying and pasting them into the chat field.
2. When you tap Send, a box with a thumbnail, the name of the web page, and the link will appear in the chat. When friends tap links in the chat, they will open in the Snapchat app’s browser.
So there you have it, the above guide is your tutorial to adding links on Snapchat, this article was written with some of the information, guide (images in the post) taken from lifewire.com
Read More Tech (Technology) posts here.