Most people I know have a lot of questions when it comes to Garlic, some always love to know what are the health benefits of eating raw Garlic everyday.
After some research and personal experiences, Townflex and Flexhealthtips have come to educate you on what the advantages are and why it is so important for us as individuals to take garlic into our system every single day.
First of all, let’s get familiar with the term, Garlic is a species of bulbous flowering plant in the genus Allium with its botanical name (Allium sativum), likewise, the Onion with its botanical name as Allium cepa both has a lot of health benefits which are good for human consumption and medical treatments, their close relatives include the likes of scallion, leek, and chive in the allium family.
Health benefits of eating raw Garlic everyday
“Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food.”
Those are famous words from the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates, often called the father of Western medicine.
Several studies have shown that from one to two cloves eaten raw per day, garlic improves blood flow, thus preventing the formation of clots that can block the arteries, and therefore cause a heart attack.
Garlic Contains Compounds With Potent Medicinal Properties
As explained above, Garlic is closely related to onions, shallots and leeks. A clove is the name given to each section of a garlic bulb. There are about 10–20 cloves in a single bulb, give or take.
Scientists now know that most of its health benefits are caused by sulfur compounds formed when a garlic clove is chopped, crushed or chewed.
- Decent amounts of calcium, copper, potassium, phosphorus, iron
and vitamin B1
- Garlic Can Combat Sickness, Including the Common Cold
- Garlic supplements are known to boost the function of the immune system.
- The Active Compounds in Garlic Can Reduce Blood Pressure
- Cardiovascular diseases like heart attacks and strokes are the world’s biggest killers.
- High blood pressure, or hypertension, is one of the most important drivers of these diseases.
- Garlic Helps Reduce Cholesterol Levels.
- Garlic Can Help With Prevention of Cancer.
- Garlic Has Antibiotic Properties.
- Garlic May Prevent Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
- Garlic Can Improve Athletic Performance
If raw garlic is too strong for you, you can also eat it cooked, but you will need to increase the quantity: between three to five cloves a day to hope to benefit from its qualities.
We already have a post that was published earlier where we talked about 5 Reasons Why U Should Eat More Garlic And Onion.