Liverpool 1-1 Man City – Title rivals play out thrilling draw at Anfiel

By Majesty 2 Min Read

Arsenal is now leading the Premier League after a dramatic draw between Manchester City and Liverpool at Anfield.

This high-quality match between the leading domestic forces of recent times played up to its expectations, with opportunities for both sides to secure crucial victories.

After a deft corner routine that caught Liverpool off guard, Manchester City seized the lead in the 23rd minute when John Stones headed in Kevin de Bruyne’s cross at the near post.

We're now on WhatsApp. Click here to join.

Although they should have been ahead, City was caught off guard when they gave up a penalty just eighty-four seconds after the break. Goalkeeper Ederson had intercepted Nathan Ake’s careless backpass, sending Darwin Nunez sprawling to the ground. Following a pause, Alexis Mac Allister scored the penalty kick.

Stefan Ortega had to take Ederson’s position when the injured player attempted to go on despite the punishment. Ederson was unable to continue.

Luis Diaz lost a clear opportunity when Mohamed Salah, a replacement, put him through as Liverpool eventually stepped up the intensity in front of a waiting Anfield, and Ortega made a vital block to save Nunez.

Caoimhin Kelleher, the Liverpool keeper, denied Foden, giving City opportunities of their own. Jeremy Doku struck the post late on, but Kelleher also had a fortunate escape when he punched Ake’s cross on to Foden, the rebound smashing against the bar.

Doku’s foot was high on Mac Allister in the final seconds, and Liverpool will feel they had solid penalty claims when nothing was awarded.

Because these two exceptional teams were unable to differentiate themselves on the day, Arsenal currently has the advantage in the title fight.

For team news, transfers, etc, visit our Latest Sports News Page. Follow our Website: On WhatsApp || Twitter || Facebook || Telegram || Townflex || Townflex || YouTube 1 || YouTube 2 || Google News ||

Share This Article